MEElectronics M6 Earbuds
Average Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (from 329+ reviewers)
These M6 Earbuds by MEElectronics are more durable and provide better sound that comparable earphones in their price range. CNET rated them 3.5 out of 4 stars saying “A great value for bass addicts”. These earphones incorporate a “memory wire” and an angled ear tip, making them good earphones wear while engaged in sports.
You can get the MEElectronics M6 at Amazon for about $20.
Sleek Audio SA1 High Fidelity Earbuds ($79)
Top Review Sources:
- Engadget: “At $79.99, it has few contemporaries that offer as much flexibility.”
- Gear Diary: “Sounds excellent, Looks gorgeous”
- Amazon: Average 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 16 reviews
Sleek Audio set the standard of a flexible listening experience with their SA6 earphones that offered interchangeable tuners and wires. Now they’ve released the much more affordable SA1 model which delivers the same award-winning sound quality and adaptable features. The SA1 cable is lightweight and won’t pull out during activities and is for those who don’t like the ones that go around the top of the ear.
Klipsch Image S5i Rugged Earbuds
Average Amazon Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (from 50+ reviewers)
Klipsch has released a ruggedized headphone, the Image S5i. The earphones are weather resistant and feature extra large buttons which can be operated while wearing gloves. So far, they are getting good reviews on Amazon.
Etymotic HF5 Earphones
Average Amazon Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (from 52+ reviewers)
One of the best sports earphones available. Etymotic succeeds in creating a balanced realistic sound. Bass-enthusiasts may be disappointed with the thin reproduction of low-frequencies. CNET rates them “Very Good” and iLounge gave them a “A-” rating.
If you looking for an Etymotic with iPod/iPhone/iPad controls included, consider the Etymotic ER23-HF3.
Monster iSport Immersion Earphones
Average Amazon Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (from 131+ reviewers)
The iSport Immersion Headphone by Monster is designed to be used while engaged in activities like snowboarding, running and working out at the gym. They are durably built and completely sweatproof. In fact, they can even be put in the wash for cleaning.
Available at Amazon for about $150.
Shure SE425 Sound-Isolating Earbuds ($299)
- Accurate sound quality that lives up to the price, Bass is balanced, not heavy
- Detachable cord for replacement
- Lightweight, durable design
- Ergonomic eartip design sits inside the outer ear; cord goes over top of the ear
Top Review Sources:
- GadgetMac: 4 out of 5 stars: “For those who truly want to experience the music as it was produced”
- CNET: 4 out of 5 stars, overall score- 8.0, Excellent: “An excellent choice for eclectic listeners who demand stellar audio and a high-quality design”
- Amazon: Average 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 18 reviews
In business for over 80 years, Shure has long been the go-to audio electronic company for both professionals and amateur audiophiles. Those who use earphones during strenuous activities may tend to wear out their cords before the speakers go, so the detachable, replacement cable feature is alluring. Included are three sizes of the flex and black foam sleeves as well as 1 pair of triple flange and 1 pair of universal fit foam sleeves. With a tweeter and woofer in each ear, both the sound-isolation and sound quality are excellent providing a true sound for a broad range of music styles.