The Samsung FIT Plus is a ruggedized thumb drive. It is quite a small device — only 0.7 inches long. The 256 GB versions is available for about $52.
I’ve been testing these drives for about a year. I put them in all my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. The small form factor means you can leave them permanently in your computer, and you’ll always have a extra 256 GB.
It is a USB 3.1 drive, and typical file read speeds are around 290 MB/s. Write speeds are just under 60 MB/s.
Samsung claims that this device is:
- Waterproof (up to 72 hours in seawater)
- Shockproof (up to 1,500 gravitational acceleration)
- Magnet Proof (up to 15,000 Gauss — equal to an MRI)
- Temperature Proof (withstands -25°C to 85°C operating, -40°C to 85°C non-operating)
- X-Ray Proof (up to 50 Roentgen — equal to airport X-ray machines)
The Samsung FIT Plus is available from Amazon.