Wool is the warmest blanket material, especially wool from animals who live in cold terrains (see comparison of wool types in my previous article).
Wool is a natural material that includes a crimp, which helps to hold in more heat than a material with an open weave. It also provides natural insulation.
They way in which a fabric holds moisture is also important. Natural fibers like wool, silk and cotton will all absorb water, whereas synthetic fibers like polyester and nylon do not.
Absorbent fabrics will tend to keep you quite comfortable, wicking moisture away from the skin and leaving a layer of warm, dry air.
I cover bed-sized blanket here. I have other article were I cover the warmest duvets and the warmest throw blankets.
These are the warmest blankets available on the market:
- 100% Wool Blanket by Poyet Motte — made in France — 33 microns/500 gsm (grams per square meter — $211 (king size) — Amazon
Yak Wool Blankets
- 100% yak wool blanket by Yakmere — 200cm by 150cm — €200 (about $236 USD).
- 100% Cashmere Blanket by Cashmere Boutique — 4 ply “A-grade” cashmere — 108″ x 90″ (king size) — $649 (Amazon)
- 100% Cashmere Blanket — woven classic twill 2 ply — 108″ x 90″ (king size) — $321 (eBay)
- 100% Cashmere Wool Blanket by CashmereWoolIt — 400 g/m² — 108″ x 88″ (king size) — $1450 (Amazon)
Camel Wool Blankets
- Camel Wool Blanket by Gobi — 100% Camel Wool — good quality and nice soft felt — $250 (Amazon)
- The Ispahan Blanket by Brun De Vian-Tiran — 100% camel wool, 530 g/m², king size (240cm by 260 cm), $1665
- The Khokan Blanket by Brun De Vian-Tiran — 100% camel wool, 390 g/m², king size (240 cm by 260 cm), $864
- The Soliman Blanket by Brun De Vian-Tiran — 100% camel wool, 480 g/m², king size (240 cm by 260 cm), $902
- 100% Baby Camel Hair Blanket by CashmereWool It –400 g/m² — King Size — 108″ x 88″ — $1037
Llama Wool Blankets
- The Baby Lama 85 Blanket By Brun De Vian-Tiran: 85% baby lama,15% merino (warp yarn), 500 g/m², king size (240 cm by 260 cm), $1,245
1 thought on “The Warmest Wool Blankets For The Bed”
Sherpa Group of Industries: Sherpa Pashmina Art
“Pashmina/cashmere sample: get yourself warm, Winter is in the Air”
Sherpa Cashmere is one of the NEPAL’S leading wholesalers and retailer of Nepalese Cashmere and child organization of Sherpa Group of Industries, offering trend-led clothing at affordable prices. Since the launch in 1976 here in the heart of mountains (NEPAL), we manufacture shawls, stoles, scarves, blankets, throws, home accessories, women’s wear, men’s wear and kids wear etc.
Once we get the approval from your side, we’d like you to place an order making the payment either by T.T or L.C (according to your convenience).
In terms of the quality assurance, we are ready to give 100% guarantee of our products.
Explore clothes made from a diverse range of Cashmere fibers and discover how old woven and knitting technology and new design come together to make fashion practical, wearable and even glamorous for Men and Women.
We manufacture and supply woven wear such as Scarves, Stoles, Shawls, Blankets and fabric for garments etc.
Quality Available: 100% cashmere, 80% cashmere/20% silk, 70% cashmere/30% silk, 100% silk, 100% wool etc.
We manufacture and supply knit wear such as Sweaters, Poncho, and other accessories such as Gloves Socks etc.
Quality Available: 100% cashmere, 50% cashmere/50% silk, 50% cashmere/50% wool and many more.
Products: Ladies Wear, Gents Wear, Kids Wear, Accessories & Latest 100% cashmere socks (best seller)
We do manufacture any types of knit wear as per design and size requested. Available in 8 GG, 12 GG, 16 GG
Shipment of orders can be done through various international couriers such as: DHL, UPS, FEDEX, TNT etc. as per customer’s convenience, this usually takes maximum of 4-7 days to reach any destination.
Call Us To Order:
Email us at:
You can visit us at: https://www.sherpapashminaart.com/
Saraswoti-4, Tokha, Kathmandu, Nepal
Sherpa Cashmere and The Sherpa Group of Industries Logo are registered trademarks of Sherpa Pashmina Art