Aizome makes beautiful sheets dyed with natural indigo. The dye is applied using a centuries-old Japanese dyeing technique.
For the cotton in the sheets, Aizome only uses organic cotton that is Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified.
We spend about one third of our lives in bed. So choosing the right bedding is quite important. Our body also regenerates itself during sleep, and we absorb substances through our skin and through our lungs during this process.
Aizome sheets have the following advantages:
- Non-toxic & naturally hypoallergenic due to lack of chemical additives
- No respiratory reactions on people with chemical sensitivity
- Environmentally friendly — no pesticides fewer toxins uses during manufacturing
Aizome is certified by Dermaveritas for Skin Health. This certification consists of a examination known as HRIPT Test in which over a period of two months the skin reaction to the fabric is observed.
With this test, Aizome Bedding is certified to be skin-safe, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested and dermatologist reviewed.
Here are all the substances the sheet are free from:
- Azo dyes and heavy metals
- Chemical finishers (perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) like Teflon, nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs) and nonylphenols (NPs), or triclosan)
The sheets were also nominated by Green Product Award 2020 as a sustainable product.